HACCPCanada advocates and mandates HACCP System Certification; with an emphasis on providing Food Safety Confidence to the Consumer. We are a Third-Party Auditor and a Certifying Body (an independent & impartial national organization which evaluates and verifies HACCP systems) and have succeeded in furnishing an economical, effective and expedient Certification Process for the Retail Food Supply Chain including Non-Registered Manufacturing, Warehousing, Logistics, Restaurants and Retail Food Outlets.
Contact us to achieve Certification from HACCPCanada, today!
VOLUNTARY RECALL: PC White Corn Black Bean Mild Salsa and PC Salsa Mild
BRAMPTON, ON – February 19, 2013 – Loblaw Companies Limited (Loblaw) is advising the public not to consume select 650 ml size of PC White Corn Black Bean Mild Salsa and 430 ml size of PC Salsa Mild, because some of the products may contain pieces of plastic.
- 650 ml size of PC White Corn Black Bean Mild Salsa: UPC 060383697211 with product code date BB:2013DE07,
- 430 ml size of PC Salsa Mild: UPC 060383736194 with product code date:BB:2014JA30
The vendor has identified the source and corrected the issue to ensure no further product issues.
Loblaw has removed all affected lot codes of this product from sale in stores as a precautionary measure as soon as it was notified of the issue from the vendor. No consumer complaints or injuries have been reported to date.
The products were sold at:
- BC, AB, SK, MB: Extra Foods®, nofrills®, Real Canadian Superstore®, Shop Easy®, SuperValu®, Your Independent Grocer®, Real Canadian Wholesale Club®
- ON: Fortinos, Loblaws®, nofrills®, Real Canadian Superstore®, Real Canadian Wholesale Club®, valu-mart®, Your Independent Grocer®, Zehrs®, Freshmart
- Atlantic: Cash & Carry, Real Canadian Wholesale Club®, Dominion, Freshmart, Red & White, nofrills®, Save Easy, Real Canadian Superstore®
- Quebec: AXEP, Group Distribution, L’Intermarché, Loblaws, Maxi & Cie, Maxi, Provigo, à plein gaz
We sincerely apologize to our valued customers for any inconvenience or concern due to the unavailability of this product and its recall. The health and safety of our customers is paramount to us and we are committed to providing our customers with a clean and safe store environment and offering products that are produced, sourced and handled responsibly.
Customers can return the products to any of the above mentioned Loblaw banner stores in the provinces indicated where the customer service desk will provide a full refund (including without receipt) or contact customer service at 1-888-495-5111 or firstname.lastname@example.org
– 30 –
For more information:
Customers please contact:
Loblaw Customer Relations
1-888-495-5111 or email@example.com
Canadian Food Inspection Agency
1-800-442-2342/TTY 1-800-465-7735 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern time, Monday to Friday)
Media please contact:
Public Relations Department, Loblaw Companies Limited
firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 459-2500
The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
For more information consumers and industry can call the CFIA at 1-800-442-2342 / TTY1-800-465-7735 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern time, Monday to Friday).
For information on all food recalls, visit the CFIA‘s Food Recall Report at: http://active.inspection.gc.ca/eng/corp/recarapp_dbe.asp.
To find out more about receiving recalls by e-mail, and other food safety facts, visit: http://www.foodsafety.gc.ca. Food and consumer product recalls are also available at http://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca.
– 30 –
CFIA Media Relations
PC Mild Salsa
PC White Corn & Black Beans Mild Salsa